Cooper 9851 - tamper alarm - wiring or circuit board problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my 9851 is 15 + years old and has just started going off randomly. It says tamper garage and then allows me to reset with my user code. But then goes off for a while. Has happened once a month. Engineer says too hard to fix and probably a circuit board error so need new alarm.

Went off this morning so fed up. New alarm time ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Has the tamper circuit to the garage detector been checked ?
Isolate the tamper switch on garage detector first to prove if ok ,if not
Then isolate garage detector by linking out in control panel.
If you still have a tamper fault after you have linked out in control panel then you may have a faulty panel.

Thanks for quick reply. Last time it happened engineer said he couldn’t isolate as same wiring had been used for tamper circuit as main circuit. Not sure I follow. He was the engineer who fitted the garage alarm but didn’t fit the main alarm.
Alarm goes off. Says tamper garage. My code sometimes stops it and sometime it goes on a while. Then red light comes on and says reset needed. I then enter engineer code and after a five minutes it all calms down and red light goes off.
Happy to pay if fixable.

Detector could be wired EOL.
You need to check the detector tamper switch.This can be isolated in the detector via changing wiring configuration .
Ask for different engineer to come.
You need to check detector Microsoft first,then check the wiring from the detector to the control panel.Then link out zone in panel to check if panel ok.
You need to these first ,before you say panel faulty.

Sponsored Links
How can he tell you that it is the garage tamper circuit when in the next breath he says it's connected to the main circuit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back