Cooper / Scantronic 9751

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a 9751, but according to the website it is no longer supported - the website looks like they are not geared up for consumer support either. Before I call a local company to have a look I thought I'd see if anyone on here could help get our alarm up and running.

Over the weekend we had a power cut - at the time ours and some other alarms on the street set off, so we entered the code to disarm it, and went back to bed. Other half did this, so I'm not sure if she entered the alarm twice to clear the alarm notice or just once.

Power didn't come back for about 14 hours during which time we went out without setting the alarm which carried on under battery. Now it refuses to let us do anything, still saying there is an alarm active - what I think is the front door. When we enter the code, we get "Missing K01", and the manual doesn't help at all.

Am I resigned to calling someone out?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Power down system and re power back up. It may be programmed for engineer reset on panel tamper so proceed at your own risk. And replace battery if its not been done in the last 5 years

"K01" is keypad 01 - probably your only keypad! The panel has lost contact with it so it's a bit like the old Microsoft message "Keyboard failure - press F1 to continue"...

If you have the engineers code, going in and out of Installer Mode should fix the problem (code, 99, tick, tick). If not, then you may be calling someone out.

Ah OK. Thanks for that. Don't have an engineers code, but can try a couple of default ones I've seen in forums before getting someone out.

Decided against trying to get too smart with it - had a fiddle with the panel, and just ended up setting the alarm off again.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Tampers (like opening up the panel) will only make a noise inside - the outside bell shouldn't sound - unless you power the whole thing down.

Well we got someone round, unfortunately they sent a salesman and not an engineer. We were quoted £230 for a replacement panel which seems reasonable I guess?

He also quoted a monitored system which was over £500. Service charge seemed to match what I could find on other sites (ADT etc.) but the hardware seems high to me.

Anyway, decided to cut the power for a day and it now seems to be working again, so have mor time to research.

Get a couple of quotes from local companies looks like they are trying to sell you a new system, not repair it.

In simple terms, the faulty battery has stuffed up the panel, it needs replacing.

The battery that is, the panel will be ok.

Alarm control panels do not like faulty batts., they can throw up all sorts of weird faults if they have one.

You don't need a new panel, just a new battery.

Don't worry about it being an 'older' panel, Scantronic are one of the better makes, they know what they are doing, more than could be said for the guy who is quoting you for a replacement panel.

Get a new battery yourself and fit, job done.

A Yuasa NP7-12 12V, 7.0Ah is the one for that panel, Screwfix should be the place to go

QFA sparkymarka about just trying to sell you a new system, you only need a battery.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back