copper alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
with copper only likely to increase in price what will be the most viable alternative?is plastic as unreliable as i'm led to believe or is it ok if installed properly.always been warned of it by the more experienced/wrinkly pros.is their an alternative ,alternative available when copper becomes really uneconomical?

Sponsored Links
lead piping. it were good enough for the romans.

or steel, a cheap material but it will toughen up the plumbers.

rehau do so awesome piping in plastic, but uk won't endorse it (or something like that) so its only available in 16 and 20 mm, it crimps together and is given a 25 year garentee on correctly fitted joints. in europe its even class good enough of gas and + 120 degrees. so ALL piping is this stuff, well, thats what the rehau guy said on the course i did. i was VERY impressed with it to be honest, presently its not really priced competivly but i'd say in a year or three it will be.

i'd use it on my own place if i were self building thats forsure!

Sponsored Links
polypipe is welded in the bigger sizes, is there a domestic-sized welding tool?

s plastic as unreliable as i'm led to believe or is it ok if installed properly.
always been warned of it by the more experienced/wrinkly pros.

plastic? plastic?? what is wrong with copper??? we have alwasy done it this way!
when i were young.............
:p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back