copper cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
how do you know if an insulated copper cylinder is fully heated when you want to have a bath using the emersion heater, before with my old cylinder i just had to put my hand on it to check it but with the insulated ones you cant feel the heat in it any one got the answer cheers

Sponsored Links
how do you know if an insulated copper cylinder is fully heated when you want to have a bath using the emersion heater, before with my old cylinder i just had to put my hand on it to check it but with the insulated ones you cant feel the heat in it any one got the answer cheers
Thats what the thermostat in the immersion is for. Wait until it clicks or until the electric meter stops spinning fast.

If your cylinder has a top mounted Immersion heater, as long as it has a full lenght element, then it will heat the whole tank ;)

Sponsored Links
Try a wooden spoon from the kitchen and hold it to your ear with the other end on the top of the heater.

if it`s still on you`ll hear it buzzing :idea: seriously :eek:

On immersion only, around 3 hours to heat the entire cylinder from cold

Feel the pipe that comes out of the top or fit this pipe with a strap on thermometer.

Problem solved the plumber left a loose wire in the switch anyway.

I dont know where you get your 3 hours to heat up the cylinder as it only took 45 mins and the entire tank was heated.

Must get myself on a course,the old mind reading skills seem to be slipping.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back