Copper pipe crushed by olive reusable?

1: Nice if their was an internal pipe expander to 15mm OD but there isn't that I know of.
Screw on style olive removal tool has an expander as part of how it works.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/monument-tools-olive-puller-15mm-22mm/88681?_requestid=339097

As to leaving pipes deformed to extent here, no way.

Wrap ptfe tape as much as you like but pipes and radiators expand and contract when working so sooner or later fatigue will finish them off they will give way!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the help guys! This is why I love the site. At least half the people will tell you that what you're doing is okay. Have PTFE'd them and repressurised and they're holding fine and passing a tissue paper test.
Trouble is half the people tell you what you want to hear!!
Are they likely to develop leaks at a later date or is it a case of "if it holds at first, it will hold for good"? (He asks, hopefully... )
They continue to move with expansion & contraction so a leak waiting to happen.

No truer a word said Alan. I would not wrap or what ever it, end, call backs cost me money and reputation. Cut it out and replace. I have tried the puller as you suggest but I an afraid this is one tool that fails as its made of brass, used frequently it just gets bugger ed and the cost replacing it just ain't worth it. Now if it was made of steel or better even, ..... stainless steel. :D :D :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back