Copper Pipe damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if a mortar mix will damage or corrode or damage Copper pipe.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It will affect it eventually so you should protect it in a duct or wrap denso tape around it. :)

I have known people slide (unslit) climaflex pipe insulation over the pipe before backfilling. It is made of closed-cell polythene so presumably impervious (as well as allowing expansion and providing thermal insulation)

I have known people slide (unslit) climaflex pipe insulation over the pipe before backfilling. It is made of closed-cell polythene so presumably impervious (as well as allowing expansion and providing thermal insulation)

has been known. but not allowed under water regs.

Sponsored Links
didn't know that (not a plumber). looked like a good idea to me.

Whats the matter ?. Can't quite find the relevant section that gives the appropiate information relating to what JD posted.
No surprise there. :rolleyes:

i don't need to find it look on page 3.21
oh no you don't have a water regs cert so you won't have a book. :LOL:

Says nothing about restrictions on using closed cell polythene insulation on copper pipework in this section . :rolleyes:
It talks about concealed fitting and the latter part of R7.3 states "Where both cold and hot water pipes are located in this type of duct the pipes should be separately insulated over their full length".
I would have thought closed cell polythene fulfilled this category. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back