Copper pipe wall thickness

Nige F said:
croydoncorgi said:
. OTOH - the manufacturers and designers INTENDED the compression joint NOT to need additional sealing apart from the compression of the olive onto the pipe and the tight fit betwen olive and cone sections. .
.....The Road to Hell is paved with good intentions.............and when the comp. fittings were manufactured in Britain with copper olives inside.......I would have agreed.............now they come from the Yuk Fu........manuf. co. somewhere in China.........and as a Plumbers` merchant once said to me Re. buying policies........."Cheapest on the day".............Brass olives inside :rolleyes: I just apply a smear of LS-X and Think of England :cry:

I'm with you there NIge smear of lsx on water or water hawk on gas/lpg around the mating surface on the fitting and jobs always a good un.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back