copper pipes under concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am moving a radiator from one end to another in the kitchen, I have removed the rad and placed a flexi pipe on the ends temporary until I can plan how to run the pipes.

Currently they are burried in concrete with bits of material round them. Doesn't look like a professional job really.

What pipe and protection is best do you think? Any ideas on good stuff to buy?

I have tried to avoid using Hep but maybe this is the way to go?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just read that I could lay 15mm plastic pipe and have a 10mm inside this. This sounds very fiddly.

Can I just use Hep and bury it in concrete or do I need a conduit to?

Trying to work out what to order!

Cut a channel in concete and fit your pipes inside plastic conduit or more expensively run plastic coated copper pipe in the channel but lay on a sand bed and cover with sand before screeding over

Hep is perfect for this job,make sure there are no joints apart from where they come out of the ground,I always use the felt lagging on them before burying in the screed,done many times with no problems

There is so much plastic pipe being buried now specially for underfloor heatits no problems at all ,the man who suggested plastic coated copper,have you seen the price of that stuff,you gotta to be off your rocka!!!! :D :D

Sponsored Links
Table Y copper is only suitable for below ground applications. There are reasons why it is expensive, worth the premium if it saves you digging up the floor again. Of course there are other ways round it. An option being to sleeve regular half hard lengths of copper in MDPE pipe.

Table Y copper is only suitable for below ground applications. There are reasons why it is expensive, worth the premium if it saves you digging up the floor again.
Manipulative joints would be quite dear too :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back