Copper Push Fit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used one of the above today for the first time as space was very tight. The fitting was a straight connector on copper pipe.

I'm worried that there seems quite a bit of play in the joint, similar to an unsoldered end feed. Is this normal?

The pipes are square and fully inserted as per the instructions. There are no leaks as yet and I have put pipe clips either side which has firmed it up.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's the rubber seal that makes it water tight and the grab ring to hold it, that will be where you will probably be feeling the 'flex'. You'll have seen the teeth of the grab ring, there is always a little flex in those teeth.

No water, no problem :mrgreen:

Thanks Madrab,

I didn't know what to expect as I usually use end feed or compression. In fact, we used to use two lengths of copper with an end feed joint as a clothes line prop. Probably best not to try that with push fit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back