copper pushfit underground??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi' i'm fitting a towel warmer with the intension of using copper pushfit connectors which will be under a concrete floor when filled
i heard that you should not use push-fittings under ground as they might leak eventually. is there any truth in this? there will be four connectors alltogether i suppose the more there is the bigger the risk!

thanks keith

Sponsored Links
You should not put ANY inaccessible joints underground IMO.

so they have to be soldered and that means a plumber

No, I think what oilman is alluding to is that it should be an unbroken run of copper if possible. Also ,the pipe needs to be protected with that hemp type stuff (I'm sure it has a proper name, I don't know what it is though)

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Also ,the pipe needs to be protected with that hemp type stuff (I'm sure it has a proper name, I don't know what it is though)

It's called Dope ;)

images

the pipe needs to be protected with that hemp type stuff

is that like insulation also i can't do a clean line of copper i have to join the pipes somewhere i assume that theres joins underground is'nt there?

voiceofthemysteron said:
Eddie M said:
Also ,the pipe needs to be protected with that hemp type stuff (I'm sure it has a proper name, I don't know what it is though)

It's called Dope ;)

images

That's the one, who cares about leaky pipes, man!

well thanks for the advice i'm going to precede with the pushfit connectors but i'm also going to put a waterproof tape over the joints fill it then say a couple of hail marys that should do the trick
thanks

You'll be better off buying a long roll of equator pipe or similar :)

bugser said:
well thanks for the advice i'm going to precede with the pushfit connectors but i'm also going to put a waterproof tape over the joints fill it then say a couple of hail marys that should do the trick
thanks

Well at least run it in ducts that you can take the lid off to fix the leaks. You are obviously a professional, what breed is your horse?

"You'll be better off buying a long roll of equator pipe or similar"

being plastic it will not corrode is that the reason i'd be better off
thats not my main worry "leaks" thats my worry but i suppose i'll see wet grout around the tiles so what the hell i'll precede

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back