United Kingdom
Might be worth it for some cordless sawing or sanding emergencies

http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_25084.htm

Product_detail_Wk24T_6.jpg

Sponsored Links
outstanding value
3-5 hours charging time a bit frustrating lol :eek:

where from? £35 seems very cheap
my mate has one in a bathroom we are doing at the moment.it is awesome, the bosch one i mean, having used one theres no way i would use cordless with that charge time

Sponsored Links
I got lucky, a web site made an error on pricing , I bought it before they realised the error.

bit of an update on this
chatting with the lad i work with, he reckoned the aldi one had circular holes around where the attachments are fixed whereas the bosch one had oval holes and so they wouldnt fit but i said they wouldnt advertise it unless they did.
anyhow in aldi tonight and the aldi machine is a lot slimmer than the bosch. but it had a load of attachments inc the carbide tipped blade which my mate says is £27 on its own for the bosch one
im that impressed with this piece of kit im getting one saturday at homebase where they sell the bosch cordrd one for £60 with two normal blades and some sanding papers
ive handled both now and theres no comparison. ive nothing against aldi but that recharge time for a cordless is too long

ive handled both now and theres no comparison.

Do you mean Bosch is better? And do the attachments fit both Aldi and Bosch tools? I have Bosch and hope that would be able to buy attachments from Aldi when they start selling them.

its madness really 3-5 makes it fairly useless
surely an extra £5 on the price and a charge off sub 2 hours preferably 75 to 90 would be possible

It may be possible to get hold of a spare battery from Aldi, via their powercraft suppliers.

But I would not be surprised if there were other generic rebranded units like this from other suppliers, so batteries may be easy to source

But I was thinking that this would be good for those infrequent jobs, so the charge time would not be an issue. Problem is, once you get one of these, you use it more and more often :cool:

Yes you can get a corded tool for a few £'s more, but cordless may be double this price

vv2086 ive not used the aldi machine just handled it in the store but i have used my mates bosch machine. its the dogs , a bit noisy like if im using for a while i get the earplugs out
another cordless machine is the erbauer at screwfix. im sure some of the reviews critisize it because it only goes 5-7 minutes on load and you need to charge it again
woodys got the answer though, extra batteries

Thank you terence. I have a Bosch and yes, it is a bit noisy but does a great job. The only drawback is the attachments are too costly.

I have the 10.8v Bosch and it gets through the batterys very quickly but has a 30 min recharge time. Both Milwaukee and Makita have just launched these type of multitools aswell.

I saw a a Tesco-branded one yesterday, think it was £33

Now the idea of the tool has become popular, I imagine they will appearing be everywhere.

I bought Bocsh Cordless one (£130 down to £50 in a clearence sale) and Ive yet to find a use for it really, It basically cuts next to nothing.

Possibly I need to get better blades etc than the stock one, but im reluctant to pay for any and find these are just usless machines.

So what are you all using them for? I just bought it cos I thought It would be handy to cut a floor board out here and there when I didnt have the circular saws with me.

And found alot of stuff Ive tryed to cut the blade just sticks in and shakes the unit instead (maybe I really need to try anotehr blade) lol

if it vibrates alter the angle of attack by at least 20 degrees support the work well
you can cut any pipe[plastic copper] flush to a surface
trim doors in situ before laying carpet or flooring
undercut door frames skirting and steps for laminate flooring
accurately cut plasterboard for back boxes
remove grout scrape walls tiles silicon
sand
yep a useless toy i use most days :D :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back