Core Drilling a 900mm Stone wall

It will be clean

It won't. My company sub-contracts diamond drilling regularly for all sorts of jobs, and a 900mm thick stone wall is unlikely to core cleanly. The chances of loose infill are very very high, and the chances of getting a 110mm core through a 900mm wall and then being able to just poke a pipe through are very very low. You might get lucky, but chances are not.

If the infill drops behind the cutter on it's extension you will have fun!!

Sponsored Links
It won't. My company sub-contracts diamond drilling regularly for all sorts of jobs, and a 900mm thick stone wall is unlikely to core cleanly. The chances of loose infill are very very high, and the chances of getting a 110mm core through a 900mm wall and then being able to just poke a pipe through are very very low. You might get lucky, but chances are not.

Exactly, that is why I suggested the standard tunnel boring method of chasing the drill bit through with a suitable diameter of pipe behind and on the drill's shaft.

Sponsored Links
Well got the boys in to do it, job was done in 2 hours, with a wet cut dimond core. £200 well spent :)

That was a good price - who did you use? was it just a local company or national?

It was a local Dundee company, can't fault it, turned up at 08:00 this morning, and done by 10:00
Turns out they do this all the time, right equipment and knowhow makes a difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back