Shall I do my own drainage ...?

Might be adding insulation to the wall before rendering, although undecided (money).

Sponsored Links
I'm saying nothing, other than "rest bend" and "how far away from the wall is that stack!"

But I'm no expert, see what building control say when they come to inspect it.

Doesn't strictly need a Rest Bend as the flow is only dropping from ground floor level, but it would be better if a 92.5° bend was used, with the underground section being done in a 'L' shape, rather than that steep angle. However, I've seen similar setups on new builds, where a 300mm chamber picks the downstairs WC up before dropping sharply down to meet the main sewer, so seem acceptable practice these days. Often down to what the individual BCO's will accept.

Stack could do with being closer to the wall, but in fairness I'm wondering if the footings are preventing that happening.

Yeah, I don't think they could get it closer to the wall. Nobody walks down that side of the house, bit of a no mans land really, so not in the way of anything.

Fair enough, but would still be better done with a 90 bend, rather than the ski slope. Is there much flow from upstream to wash the output from the new WC along?

Sponsored Links
A fair amount i guess, kitchen sink, dishwasher and washing machine upstream.

Might be enough to wash it through, although flow from a WC would have been better. It the existing run accessible for rodding/jetting should need arise?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back