Core drilling near footing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to core drill through the cavity wall, underground, for a soil pipe. Due to the depth and location of the existing outside drains it will be very close to the footing, practically resting on it. It will need to be about a 150 mm opening.

Is this a concern for structural stability? DIY-able?

Sponsored Links
Cheers, hope the answers are in the same order as the questions!

The exit of foul drainage or indeed any drainage in the substructure I believe should be lintelled over to comply with Building regs, however I would also say that a core drilled in masonry as structural integrity that would prevent collapsing in on itself...as for close to foundations this should be no problem..be sure to angle slightly uphill from the outside .

Sponsored Links
The exit of foul drainage or indeed any drainage in the substructure I believe should be lintelled over to comply with Building regs, however I would also say that a core drilled in masonry as structural integrity that would prevent collapsing in on itself...as for close to foundations this should be no problem..be sure to angle slightly uphill from the outside .
Is this referring to the Part H bit about pipe misalignment, or something else?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back