Corgi - gas fire removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to get an old gas fire removed that was here when I moved in and then I want to plaster over where it was rather than replace it.

The gas pipe comes up underneath the fire and it has a shut-off tap on it.

If I get a Corgi to disconnect the gas from the fire and make the pipe-work safe (and get them to remove the section of pipe that comes up through the floor so that it is hidden) then am I right in thinking there is no issue with me dismantling and disposing of the actual fire myself before I remove the tiles and surround?

How long would it take for them to do this work?

Sponsored Links
If I get a Corgi to disconnect the gas from the fire and make the pipe-work safe (and get them to remove the section of pipe that comes up through the floor so that it is hidden) then am I right in thinking there is no issue with me dismantling and disposing of the actual fire myself before I remove the tiles and surround?

no problem at all ;)

But Paul, why would you want to do away with a fire altogether? Fires are a wonderful focal point and modern hole-in-the-wall or even hang-on-the-wall fires look great. Before you plaster over, take a look at those made by drugasar (www.drufire.co.uk.) They look like real fires - I promise you they do - and they have real style.

PaulTaylor said:
How long would it take for them to do this work?

probably get charged an hours minimum attendance plus any parts to cap off ;)

Sponsored Links
Or be lucky enough to get a guy to do it on his way to or back from his normal days work an say give me 20 quid for doing it ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back