Corking for silicone sealant backing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have almost finished doing the kitchen. I have a gap of about 10-15mm down the back of the hob (between the worktop and the wall).

I could just fill it with silicone or caulking but I'd rather not because a lot will go in there lol. A few years ago I used to work as a window fitter and we used foam strip (we called it corking) to fill gaps and act as a backing for silicone.

I have been looking for some for a while and can't find anything in the diy stores or the internet?

Anyone know of anywhere?

Sponsored Links
10-15mm sounds quite big :eek: Anyway, why not use that other little favourite of loo roll to wedge in there ;) :mrgreen:

Hi, I think its more like 10mm and a long story but nothing I can do about it now lol. its above the cooker where there are no tiles (used thin stainless steel as a splash back)

hmmm loo roll would work I guess but it will get a little warm and might be messy?

Sponsored Links
Cork expansion strip use in floor edging would be suitable, though a brushed steel effect quadrant hide the gap better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back