Coronavirus bounce back loan

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Although that's not an interest paying savings account, it's a bond fund, so redemption yield will be different.

Yes indeed - its a junk bond. So there is the risk to the capital.

I wonder if we will ever get back to interest rates around 5% in high street banks.

When you see 5% interest, it may be because inflation is 10%

The only thing that gives a decent return is property and renting it. Maybe renting anything. I saw an add that even cars can give a return. Sounded like some sort of start up that can't afford to buy the cars themselves. I'd guess renting anything gives a better return than the usual places to put money.

:( If the property bubble busts which it hasn't for a long time now I suspect we will be in deep shiete.

If the property bubble busts which it hasn't for a long time now I suspect we will be in deep shiete.
We...?
It'll certainly be a kick in the nuts for the Rigsby, buy-to-let parasites.

Fair play to mottie too.(y)

most people live in one house. If they sell one it's to buy another. Asset price inflation has little effect on them.

However asset price inflation has a severe effect on the person who has no house and wants to buy one.

When a young couple have to rent because they can't pay a mortage on a home, but they're paying somebody else's mortgage on one of their homes, there's something wrong.

most people live in one house. If they sell one it's to buy another. Asset price inflation has little effect on them.

However asset price inflation has a severe effect on the person who has no house and wants to buy one.

When a young couple have to rent because they can't pay a mortage on a home, but they're paying somebody else's mortgage on one of their homes, there's something wrong.

Same as index linked final salary pensions? The company who offered the scheme has to put Money in to the pot from somewhere and that money comes from higher consumer prices. Take council tax for example - a big chunk goes to pensions, and government services in general. Paid for by young people who don't have final salary pensions. There's something wrong.

Profit - charging someone more than it cost you - immoral - something is wrong.

People need to make their money work so thay can avoid being a parasite on the tax payer.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back