Correct bath height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I fit a bath with the height of the bottom of the bath (plughole) only slightly higher than the height of the waste pipe exiting the building then will this be high enough for the water to drain away efficiently?

There will be a slight angle on the waste pipe but the height of the bath would mean that the trap is below the exit height of the waste pipe - meaning the water would have to go down to get through the trap and find its way up again.

Will the drainage be adequate or do I have to ensure that the bottom of the trap is above the waste exit level?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
im no expert, but i think you will be ok. as long as the waste drains away, and your left with the air lock and no water in the bath.

my correct height for a bath is the height of the panel the less cutting to be done the better. :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back