Correct term to source fascia end

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have a small issue with some part falling off the fascia on our garage and was hoping I could get some advice and info on how I might source and fix.

I've attached 2 images - one side of the garage where the end cap is located ok and the other where it has fallen off.

Ideally I don't want to get a contractor in for such a small piece of work though I have no experience of this type of DIY.

Could I have some advice please on where I might source something like this - I'm not sure of the right language.... whether it's soffitt or fascia end cap perhaps? If I went to Wickes or similar presumable I'd need to specify type or measurements etc?

Any advice on fitting would be appreciated too.

Many thanks
Kenny

IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG

Sponsored Links
yes looks like an off cut of flat board may have been used possibly slipped into an off cut of soffit starter trim might be wrong on the starter I cant zoom enough..... and a corner of course

Sponsored Links
ok thanks guys - it's helping me.

My wife sent the pics as I'm working away - I'm home tomorrow and can have a better look.

You can use 9mm flat board or 9mm fascia - which will be the "L" shape. What ever the existing one is.

The problem you have is that this comes in 5m lengths. So it may be better to get an offcut from somewhere or someone.

Ideally this will need a couple of Polytop stainless steel nails and a tube of low modulus white silicone.

You will also need an external fascia corner joint - put one nail through this to stop it falling off in time.

BTW it's likely fallen off because there was no timber backing to hold it on. That may need looking at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back