CORRECT UTILISATION OF INSULATION BLOCK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

If building in a hot country (e.g) a villa how would be the best way to incorporate insulation blocks into the walls?

I understand the normal procedure in the UK but just not sure how it would differ here

anyone with any ideas????

Sponsored Links
Hi, Cream,
If you are talking about Spain or Portugal or somewhere like that, they normally build single skin with a hollow teracotta extruded block which is impervious to water
their brickwork generally looks ****e, but they often render over it.

The idea I suppose, is that as it's mostly warm, and the terracotta blocks have holes in (to trap (dry) air, which is an almost perfect insulator) and are waterproof then it will all be good enough.

Chess: when we built our place out there, it was concrete-framed with cavity masonry and insulation fixed to the cavity face of the outer leaf of the wall. Think the basis of that was more to keep the heat from getting into the building in the first place, rather than stopping that which was in there getting out.

Sponsored Links
OK, thanks Shy,
I've seen similar in France.
They paint the outer walls white and close the metal window shutters on hot days to keep the heat out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back