correct way to wire up wireless room stat

The there is something wrong with your wiring!

Are you saying that the timer, boiler, pump and stat are all supplied from the same live feed, or that the boiler, pump and stat were supplied from the timer?

What is timer's CH ON terminal connected to? :confused:

There is a standard two core plus earth cable running from the timer/programmer to a double plug socket. The boiler and pump were/are plugged into this socket. The live (red) wire goes to the stat (now the receiver) and returns from the stat/receiver to the double socket where it is connected to the live terminal. Thus when the timer is calling for heat but the stat isnt the boiler remains off. When both controls are calling for heat the boiler kicks in.

I have had to add in a separate blue wire from the N terminal on the receiver to the N terminal in the socket.

I havent opened up the timer but I'm assuming that the timer's CH On terminal is connected to the red wire. Does this make sense?

Chris

Sponsored Links
Sounds a complete nightmare which needs sorting!

I haven't opened up the timer but I'm assuming that the timer's CH On terminal is connected to the red wire. Does this make sense?
Can't tell until you remove the timer from its backplate and find out which wire is connected to which terminal. Guessing is pointless and wastes everybody's time.

Is your wiring something like this?

Sponsored Links
Is your wiring something like this?

Yes! That's it exactly.

Right! The problem with wiring it like that is that the receiver does not have a permanent supply, it has a switched supply. When the timer turns the heating off, the power to the receiver also goes off. So communication between the thermostat control unit and receiver is lost. The receiver should really be getting a permanent supply from the connections which I labelled Power IN

It would then look like this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back