Corroded oven fan cover receptacle fixings - replacement ideas??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be interested in some kind of expanding or other fitting, suitable for high temperatures, with access only from inside the oven.

The two lower screw receptacles holding in place the fan cover (baffle plate) on my ZOB230 fitted oven have corroded. This is on the rear panel, which appears to be a thin metal stamping with apparently no captive part or nut. The screw receptacles were maybe just suitably-sized holes formed during panel stamping. The holes have corroded and become too large.

The original screws are (were) metal self-tapping types, about 4mm dia and 8mm long thread, with a 8mm dia button head.

Something like a rubber well nut appropriate for oven use would be great, but what is the temperature rating of these? A hollow wall anchor maybe (from another posting here somewhere). Could some kind of resin be used to reform the hole?

Ideas welcome!

Sponsored Links
Nice idea! Unfortunately I don't have access to an edge to clip that style of captive nut, just a slightly oversized fixing hole with corroded edges.

I think the technical term for what I am looking for is a 'blind bolt', but there are so many types of fixing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back