corrosion on wheelarch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Honda Accord estate 2003 has corrosion on rear wheel arches ledge and corner onto panel. Has anyone covered this successfully with plastic trims ( where from)

Sponsored Links
If you cover rust up it will just spread underneath. Have the inner and outer arches separated?

If you cover rust up it will just spread underneath, yep that is correct. You need to take it back to shiny metal and then apply a rust inhibitor. then an undercoat and a couple (at least) of top coats of the appropriate colour. THEN you can put plastic arch protectors on. You can get them off Ebay, motor factors and Halfords.

Thanks for info. I take the point of stripping/painting. I do not think the results will be good, and should be hidden. Probably needs a plastic L-shaped extrusion approx. 20mm x 20mm so that ledge is completely hidden. Preferably one leg self-adhesive. Internet offers all seem to be vague on dimensions and whether self-adhesive ( local Halfords did not know what I was talking about.)

Sponsored Links
Covering with something close fitting will be a bad idea, I speak from experience!
I would grind the rust back and paint first as suggested if you do go down that route.
If you do find covers make sure they are designed to fit the car not a generic one or they will look hideous.

Back