Corsa 1.2 (93) Lights for heater controls, glove box etc

D

DGS

Does anybody have a diagram for this lighting circuit or know which fuse/relay feeds it - there is no background lighting at all for the centre console, cigarette lighter area etc - Haynes manual on the way but never to hand when you actually need it!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
is your speedo and temp/fuel gauge lit up? if not has the dashboard dimmer been knocked?
all your dash lights on the same circuit, have a look at your fuses see if any are blown but these little bulbs are a common failure

Speedo etc OK, dimmer switch operates OK - no fuses appear blown, however there is no supply at the glovebox light.

sorry, the only immediate thing i can think of is a possible fault with the headlamp switch as this is what turns the dash lights on, i cant see all the bulbs failing at once unless you have just got the car then anythings possible.
have you put a test light across the fuses or just checked them visually?
i'll have another think and let you know if i come up with anything

Sponsored Links
Thanks - yes have only just got the car - so it may be bulb failure for the centre console (when I can work out how to remove it I'll let you know!!) - the glovebox light might just be a cable problem behind the dash, however, that light we can live without. Fuses and supply all checked using meter.

glovebox light should only work with the headlamp switch, turn switch to position 1 and then try for power

join the club for bad electrics. I have a 97 astravan and am constantly chasing blown lights. I too had a problem with the glove box light, which I managed to sort by pulling it out, and fiddling with the contacts until the spring action alowed the correct contact for lighting the bulb, now that works.
I've had blown bulbs behind the speedo, which were fixed by some guy who was fitting a stereo for me.
Also currently I have a bult out behind the three heater controls in the centre of the dash, had the guy look once, and now the light does come on, but as soon as the interior warms up it goes off. As far as I am aware, when one bult blows it can cause the other bult to go too due to an imbalance. Also, if you do have to replace any of those bulbs, alway do the lot, even the ones that have not blown, that was they are matched and seem to last better that way

cheer - Paul

Back