cosmetics for men.. READ IT ALL MEN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
men.. on the radio yesterday they were on about make up for men..
I personally do not think it will catch on, though its a pity beacuse spot concealer could really boost the confidence of many young men.
(i used to die off if I got a spot on disco night but at least I could wear make up.)

seriously, Im not sure if make up will take off.. though if it improves your looks I dont see why not... guess its the stubble that gets in the way of a smooth finish though...

what I want to know is this..
we women dont like rough hands or faces, against our skin.
We really dont.

Who here uses moisturiser?

one of my builders admitted it and supplies it to his staff too.

Fact... it is beneficial not poncy to use it ik!

but... who here does?
Im hoping you will prove me wrong.

Sponsored Links
Well I bet it catches on, cos we live in such a crazy world. Not for me though, but I think I'll keep on with the hand cream as my other post will reveal!

Mark

Milk, no make-up ta.

gas.. im trying hard to show the benefits of hand and face cream to men... good on you.

when I was working on the tools I always used barrier cream on my paws,... Great stuff...

Sponsored Links
Toffee I keep up on the hand cream cos of those 'kin splits you get on the end of you're fingers. I call them '****s', that's how they make me feel. I think it is only a matter of time before male make up becomes the norm. The big industries will eventually convince us of our need.
I hope my post on your other thread is not too out of touch! Just re read it, didn't sort of go :confused:

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

Well I must admit that I put on abit of the E45 if my face is starting to crack with a couple of hard nights on the pop (It does that to me).

Thing is, I was all ready to slag off all those men that wear make-up and then - I remembered. On my wedding day I had a spot that wouldn't look good for the snapper so someone put some consealer on it.

Sorry guys I think I have let you down now. :cry:

its just fine...
but boys... dont go for this Gaultier stuff costing well, a re mortgage..
a good moisturiser is a must , but you dont need break the bank.

Women like it... use it.

What do you mean it won't catch on?

Culture Club, Kajagoogoo, Dollar, Spandau, Duran, etc......

The best mens face moisturiser is M lotion by clinique. It's good for sensitive skins and doesn't leave a greasy residue

winston, is that marketed specifically to men?

My kids are too young to know but my sisters kids have to have "brand name x" followed by 'for men'!!!

This being a marketing ploy to get men to buy the exact same product costing.. usually more.

I guess a lot of you on here may be or have been tradesmen working in the elements... so its more important to you to use a moisturiser.
To those who dont know, its not makeup.
It just helps your skin feel more elastic ans soft and less dehydrated.

markie
marigolds ..lol no...lol
only wore rubber elbow gloves when having to "Find" manhole Interceptor trap plug when it had dropped into a blocked sewer ..lol Nice ..lol !!

toffee
sure for men ..nice deodorant ;)

toffee said:
winston, is that marketed specifically to men?

Yes, but the woman who works on the counter said its the same as the womens moisturiser. Just in a different pot saying M lotion

hmmm..I asked because
Gaultier is marketing stuff in masculine plain grey(ha ha , he is gay ... just get the joke, its not gay put down) so it appeals to the male clients.

For gods sake... just tell it how it is... smooth skin is better than dried up prune skin.

I use cheapo supermarket moisturiser on hands and face and have done since I used to work on the tools in all weathers. Also have aromatherapy back massage.
When I was last on hol I had 2 full body massages with palm-oil. Cor blimey I only had a little towel over me and 1/2 way through she asked if I liked black girls (as she was)!

Next week I will be having leg wax, bikini line and eyebrows tinted :D

Sponsored Links
Back