cosmetics for men.. READ IT ALL MEN

Winstonchurchill said:
The best mens face moisturiser is M lotion by clinique. It's good for sensitive skins and doesn't leave a greasy residue

Ahem, yes I use that, in my paltry defence though, I didn't buy it. I only use it 'cos sometimes after shaving, especially after a night on the sauce, my skin actually starts flaking off...... ladies he say seductively, running a moistened finger over one eyebrow, whilst looking like a lizard .... most attractive, not!!!

Hands, no I've got office hands, but I've noticed the most mechanics wear gloves these days, very sensible as engine oil is quite nasty stuff, besides being hard to get off. I use gloves when painting these days, more due to the fact it saves a lot of time.

Sponsored Links
My 14 year old tells me that nowadays modern men are "metrosexual" and care about their appearance as much as girls. That makes me old fashioned because as long as I'm clean i don't care and iv'e always had a sneaking suspicion that real men wash in battery acid. Carbolic soap is my weapon of choice in the shower. Only girls have baths

We went away last year and to keep her amused I let her loose on my face for a week. Iv'e never spent so much time applying creams and potions to my face before, no make up but plenty of mosturisers and face masks.

The result, well, I have to be honest and say my skin looked better for it. The thing that really seemed to do it was E45 cream with vitamin E in it

The only thing that cosmetically improves my mug is a balaclava!

no... thats not true..
you can make positive changes...
take your self now in the mirror.
Try getting advice.. have a skin care routine, include in that your teeth and yes.. maybe your eyebrows etc...

Your confidence will grow and if your skin feels good, your hair cut well and teeth clean, fresh breath.. you will come over more confident.

I make jokes on here about gorgeous men etc but for me personally, the quirks, individual attractiveness... looks, smile.. personality.. wit... (in a mixed up order) are all important.

Sponsored Links
toffee said:
men.. on the radio yesterday they were on about make up for men..
I personally do not think it will catch on, though its a pity beacuse spot concealer could really boost the confidence of many young men.
(i used to die off if I got a spot on disco night but at least I could wear make up.)

seriously, Im not sure if make up will take off.. though if it improves your looks I dont see why not... guess its the stubble that gets in the way of a smooth finish though...

what I want to know is this..
we women dont like rough hands or faces, against our skin.
We really dont.

Who here uses moisturiser?

one of my builders admitted it and supplies it to his staff too.

Fact... it is beneficial not poncy to use it ik!

but... who here does?
Im hoping you will prove me wrong.

its all asout marketing for the gay f...cks ignor this bull they are trying anything to get are coin

as long as the mascara doesn't run when a man sweats it should be ok :)

Hey toffee - nice of you to give us skin softening tips. So here's one for you.

Did you know that Anusol is very good for getting rid of wrinkles, especially around the eyes? As good as Botox, but no injections (dosn't last as long). Cheap too.

Yup, I know it's made to sort out hæmorrhoids, that's why it's cheap. But it does work.

Anusol

I want to know who the dirty lil bugger was who had shoved some cream around their brown /bloody bullet hole an then thought I'll wipe it on my peepers ..lol

Moz said:
Anusol

I want to know who the dirty lil b*****r was who had shoved some cream around their brown /b****y bullet hole an then thought I'll wipe it on my peepers ..lol

Probably mixed it up with the deep heat rub........ That's gotta hurt :p :eek:

Eddie M said:
Probably mixed it up with the deep heat rub........ That's gotta hurt :p :eek:
especially if you forget to wash your hands before going to the toilet :oops:

I read some research once that disproved the need for such things as moisturiser, anti-wrinkle cream, etc.

An experiment was done over a period of time where the participants were split into groups - those who used the products and those who didn't. Those who didn't were asked to 'mimic' the actions of applying the products - i.e. make circular motions with their fingers to the areas of their face where they would be applying the product.

The outcome showed absolutely no difference between either group, and the researchers claimed that it was the motion with the fingers that was actually beneficial for the skin, and not any fancy product. They suggested that this circular motion released the natural oils and chemicals in the skin to do it good. In fact, the claim that it was more beneficial not to use products as a person's own, natural products would not cause any allergic reactions, plus if you are substituting natural with synthetic, your body would come to rely on the synthetic - i.e. requiring more (these big cosmetic companies have got it sussed :) ).

Very interesting. Of course, other issues have to be taken into consideration - diet, pollution levels, hygiene, etc, etc

I am not against people using such products, but I really think it is sad that our culture is obsessed by how someone looks on the outside. People in effect have to wear 'masks' to conceal their real identity, in fear of being ousted from society - something is far wrong here :confused:

Cosmetic surgery is now commonplace. I suppose the next step will be genetically modified babies, to make sure they are born with the right hair colour, eyes, etc :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't want to live in a world of clones, where people are going to loose their identity and individuality. Surely these things are what set us apart from other species - our abilities to think and analyse - something seems to have gone very wrong in this process - Brave New World (Aldous Huxley) here we come :LOL: :LOL:

Well said Gary. :cool:
You're all different...(thinks of monty python, life of brian!)
Dont let anybody tell you what to do,
what shall we do now oh messiah?
Just #### off!
how shall we #### off?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

my wife is a skin care advisor at boots, she always buys me norwegian formular facial.. ultimate moisture Neutrogena day cream for my face.. tho im 55 ive got nice skin so i want to keep it that way !! P M

poshman said:
my wife is a skin care advisor at boots, she always buys me norwegian formular facial.. ultimate moisture Neutrogena day cream for my face.. tho im 55 ive got nice skin so i want to keep it that way !! P M
I bet your face is just like a baby's bottom? ;)

Sponsored Links
Back