Cost for a copkker installation

If more than £30 plus price of hose (about £6.50) rthen you are
being ripped off!

£30!! Don't ypou have any overheads then? Is ARGI fe free still?

Seriously, Dynorod charge £95 for up to (I think 30 mins), then £120. Fewe jobs are under 30 mins 'cos they always use jet, and they fill the tank at the clients premise (uses up a bit of time!). Dyno rod guys are just operatives with a van, a pump and a VERY large hose pipe. So don't tell me, or the general public looking in here, that I am not worth more than 30 notes as a minimum. A chimney sweeep charges more than that, and he is a guy with a brush and dirty overalls.

Sponsored Links
Originally tried to charge us £110 when we had ours done 6 months ago.
OH beat him down to £90.
I seem to recall you writing about this before?

(Don't give me the travelling time spiel, he was at a local merchant (who's a mate. I was asking him for a recommendation) less than half a mile away and came straight over.)
It doesn't really matter, he still had to discuss the job and get to your home.

For some unfathomable reason he fitted the WPE behind the washing machine (Myopia?)
Seems a bit stupid! Did you see him doing it and ask him about it?

All done BEFORE the bartering took place.

Why didn't you get price BEFORE he started?

Frankly,I earn good money WHEN I'M ON A CHARGEABLE VISIT. Unfortunately, we don't get paid for surveys, going to merchants, attending call backs (not all of which are our fault), discussing potential jobs on the telephone, cleaning the van egc etc etc. From experience, you will discount all this as nonsense, but most employees get paid regardless of a particular activities profitasbility to the business.

OK, why did he not say "it'll cost you £X" when he arrived? It works both ways, sunshine. ;)

We needed it done ASAP, he was at my mate's counter when I asked him for a recommendation, and he was free to do it straight away.

Sponsored Links
expertgasman said:
OK, why did he not say "it'll cost you £X" when he arrived? It works both ways, sunshine. ;)

We needed it done ASAP, he was at my mate's counter when I asked him for a recommendation, and he was free to do it straight away.[/quote]

expertgasman said:
It doesn't really matter, he still had to discuss the job and get to your home.
Start the clock:
"Can you do a little job for my mate, he only lives just down the road."
"Yeah, what's he want doing?"
"Just needs a cooker point putting in."
OK, where does he live?"
"10 ***** Court."
"Give me a micropoint and a bayonet socket, and a cooker restraining chain."
Book out 3 items. 30 seconds.
Write one signature. 3 seconds
Walk to and start van. 12 seconds.
Drive less than half a mile in mid-afternoon - little traffic, one set of traffic lights. 3 minutes at worst.
30 seconds to park up and walk to door.
1 minute for my OH to answer.
"I've come to do your cooker."

6 minutes. I must send him the 2 Quid I owe him to cover that time I took out of his life.
No, I'll keep it due to the shoddy job as described previously.

Hmm, take off the (roughly) 15 Quid for parts and consumables, 50p for petrol and wear and tear to his van, that leaves £74.50 for about an hours work. F*** me, you lot don't want jam on it, you want conserve. (That's posh jam.)

ONLY KIDDING!!! ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back