Range cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just checking installation of a range cooker, I have a gas outlet behind the cooker, screwed to the wall, which means i cant push the cooker right back to the wall? is there any alternative connection that can be made to remove the wall plate? Its fitted between cabinets

Also, I the cooker needs to be raised about 35mm, Can this be done on the feet or would i be better putting a flag uner the whole thing?

Andy

Sponsored Links
Haven't seen your pipework, but I'm guessing the back plate elbow is on the wall and the bayonet is directly in front (hope you get what I'm describing), if this is the case and the problem of why you can't get the cooker back enough, you can get a 90deg elbow that would bring the bayonet closer to the wall

What about raising the cooker to a more suitable height? im thinking if i do it with the feet then i will have a big gap for food and dust to accumulate?

Sponsored Links
be surpised if it will raise 35mm on feet anyway. Probably need something underneath it. Check installation instructions for location of wall elbow, maybe its not in the right place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back