Gas Cooker Installation (safety certificate)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've just had a new gas cooker installed into a flat I let out,The fitter has not left me with any gas safety certificates !

Should I expect to get one with an installation of a new cooker ?

If so,what certificate should I be asking for ??

Sponsored Links
has he left you with an invoice/receipt with his gassafe number on it? This will suffice as proof.

If the receipt has his gassafe number (or the company's who he works for), then this should be adequate. If you want to be sure, then fill in the guarantee slip - they sometimes ask for the name and credentials of the installer. At least it will be on record somewhere then.

Failing all that, then check his name on the gassafe register online and prin out the page with these details and staple the receipt onto it. ;)

Sponsored Links
A receipt for work done installing a new cooker does not constitute a Landlords safety certificate.That must be issued against all gas appliances and the whole gas installation in the property.

A receipt for work done installing a new cooker does not constitute a Landlords safety certificate.That must be issued against all gas appliances and the whole gas installation in the property.

as said tis a let property you have a legal obligation to ensure things are checked for safety at least every 12 months or on a change of tenant.

I suspect you have used an illegal gas installer to put your cooker in "for £30" now its back to bite you on the bum :LOL:

As long as there was a LGSR before the installation and the appliance is under 12 months old and been installed LEGALLY then there is nothing to worry about, if it is a cheap install or was no LGSR before hand then there could well be problems.

I made that fatal mistake - I "assumed" that the lardlord check was already in place :confused:

Suspected wrongly !!!!

Gas safe installer was used (It's a rental property,not worth the risk in my opinion,not for the sake of £80.00 !!!!)

He is going to drop paperwork into me this evening as he required a new pad of gas safety certs.

As the saying goes "Never assume anything"

Its not necessary to give a Gas Safety cert when fitting a new gas appliance as long as the installation is documented as by a reg engineer AND there is an existing current landlords certificate.

Tony

Suspected wrongly !!!!

Gas safe installer was used (It's a rental property,not worth the risk in my opinion,not for the sake of £80.00 !!!!)

He is going to drop paperwork into me this evening as he required a new pad of gas safety certs.

As the saying goes "Never assume anything"

glad to hear it. now wait for the you paid how much to start! :LOL: :LOL:

and have you a current landlords certificate?

Come to think of it, have you got an appropriate fire alarm system with maintenance contract, have you done a risk assessment lately, have you got full inventory, etc etc etc.......... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back