cost of a new bathroom and kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a new home owner and I am looking for information on what a reasonable quote for the labour would be for certain jobs. I know how much raw materials cost because I can look them up, but the labour costs are difficult to judge and estimates have be very different to say the least. If you can tell me what would be a reasonable labour cost for each job would be. I know cheapest isn't always best.

Job 1
Refurb bathroom approx 2.5m(w)x3m(l)x2.5m(h)
1. Remove old bathroom
2. Remove floor support (2.5inches of chip board)
3. Remove all tiles from walls
3. Install new pipes, floor support and tile with underfloor heating
4. Fit shower unit, basin, bog, towel heater and light fitting
5. Retile area around shower and skim and paint the rest

Job2
Refurb kitchen 3m(w)x3m(l)x2.5m(h)
1. Remove old kitchen
2. Remove floor support (2.5inches of chip board)
3. Install new kitchen units, appliances
4. Lay new floor support and laminate

Job3
Skim artex on ceiling ~60m square and fit coving and new light fittings.

Thanks for your time

Liam

Sponsored Links
if your floor is 2.5 inch chipboard I would suggest you seak advise before ripping it out. It may be a framed strut house and the floors hold the walls in place.

I am not seeking to do the work myself, I am wondering what a trades person would charge for such a job. It will need to be replaced because parts are soft due to water damage. The under floor support is really a layer of hard board, then a layer of chip board (the stuff you buy from b and q that clips together) and then another layer of hardboard that the tiles etc sit on. There is also a plastic membrane that lays under all of that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back