Cost of extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
L shaped single storey building in the countryside, extending away from the road so planning is not hard to achieve as most of the new build is not seen from the road.
Want to extend two outbuildings by two metres to include them in the rest of the accommodation, from 3.5m to 5.5m wide.
A 10m length of external blockwork rendered wall with two double external doors and a window, to redo the roof from a single slope to a std pitched roof to mesh with the existing pitch on the other leg of the L, plus attendant internal changes, moving boiler and kitchen insulation, plumbing, electrics and drylining et al. To Add three windows and floor levelling, inside and out.
Had some sketches done by a local QS, he reckoned £40k build cost and he charges 5% of that, £2k for full planning application plus £500 to the council.
Seems a lot to me.
To me the main cost is the footings, the wall and the roof with std trusses, plus insulation all round.
I could probably do the interior fit out and fit the windows, maybe get a dryliner and sparks in for some of it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back