Cost of fitting new Central Heating System? Please Help?

Checkout page 6 Here Theres £290 more a year difference in running costs for an average semi if you go for the most efficient electric heating. Storage heaters have a habit of running out of heat when you need it most. They will hammer your SAP rating and give you a bigger Carbon footprint than the Jolly Green Giant.
The costs given there are based on 2005 costs before energy prices went up.

£4.5k is a lot of money for the job and shopping around should get you cheaper. As stated: Dont necessarily go for the cheapest

Enjoy the problems you will get if you dont use a Corgi fitter!

Spend some money on insulation

A tip of 10-20% on labour charges will be acceptable to most skilled corgi engineers who have trained hard sometimes for no money to be able to provide you with their service ;)

Sponsored Links
The only time I ever got a tip was when I did a boiler repair for a Taxi Driver !!!

I am very rarely offered any though and would refuse on principle.

Tony

A hired hand can be tipped, but never a business proprietor or manager.

deano54321 said:
Can anybody tell me how much of this would be labour costs?
Yes - the person who gave you the quote will know the answer to that one.

JohnD said:
"I understand that the work should be carried out by a Corgi registered fitter, but think I could probably get it done cheaper!?"
I don't see what's wrong with that statement - the OP is acknowledging that an RGI is needed, but is questioning the competitiveness of the quotation.

Sponsored Links
The only time I ever got a tip was when I did a boiler repair for a Taxi Driver !!!
I get them all the time but I spent 10 years driving taxis and must have unwittingly developed those 'I'm poor give so me a tip' eyes

Slugbabydotcom said:
I get them all the time but I spent 10 years driving taxis and must have unwittingly developed those 'I'm poor give so me a tip' eyes
red_cat.thumb.jpg

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back