Cost of Central Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to buy an old property with no current central heating system, can some advise how much it would cost to put new system in a 3bed house which would also heat water, i know it is difficult to judge without size of property but just wanted to know how much to expect to be charged to get someone to fit new central heating with parts?

Also how much does it cost to get gas plumbed in if their is gas in the street but not in this particular house?

Sponsored Links
see...told ya...
no more banter..no more opinions, comparisons, no more lively discussions...just see item9"

nowt wrong wiv a bit of banter marra

what was the question again the solvent cement has set

knew i shouldnt have drunk the whole bottle :LOL:

Sponsored Links
jaid said:
Also how much does it cost to get gas plumbed in if their is gas in the street but not in this particular?

think of a number, multiply it by 100, call in BG to quote you, then call in 3 other local tradesmen. don't go on price - choose the tradesman who is willing to offer you references from several previous customers and who doesn't suck through teeth when you ask about condensing boilers ;)

jaid asked:
Also how much does it cost to get gas plumbed in if their is gas in the street but not in this particular house?
Don't bother with gas. The North Sea reserves have almost run out and gas will soon all be imported at a silly price. All these gas engineers are on borrowed time and many will soon be redundant.
Fit a multi-fuel room heater, to burn wood or coal, with a back boiler with the knowledge that there is a permanent source of fuel for it. Get a real fire and enjoy it.

A pic of room heaters, a gas pipe-line importing gas or gas engineers queueing-up for the dole? :LOL:

I got Transco to put gas in recently, £395. but it was flats and no trench needed to be dug. You can dig your own trench though. The price depends on what work is required in bringing the supply pipe to the property.

The actual gas meter is usually supplied and fitted for free by one of the gas supply companies e.g. SWEB

The dog was having a good sleep in front of it.
1109113850_Picture(Small).jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back