An Idea of costs

A passage to India is still there. Magdalen Street now very run down apart from Indian restaurants :eek: Boswells went years ago, shame I used to drink in there from Wednesdays onwards. My mate was the manager there. It is now a Spanish Tapas bar whatever.

I live over the road from Glenmore Gardens, a small new estate that is built on what used to be Pointers abattoir! Builders used to scare my step daughters about headless pigs running around in the night!

I've staggered down Magdalen Street many a time trying to find my way home, although that was a few years back when I was 'inbetween partners' :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Left Norwich in 1997 only been back afew times since. Are the curries still really cheap(one had gone half price so the rest followed), i remember starters being about £1.50 and mains £3. Berr was more expensive than the food.
Had many nights in Boswells and the club above.
Good chinesse on the corner of glenmore, well was then.

gas4you said:
when I was 'inbetween partners' :LOL:

That sounds risky!

The passage to india is the larger one on the corner of St Saviour Street. The other and much better one I have trouble remembering the name of but something like Nazma Brassiers. It must be one of the top 10 indian restaurants I can think of!

All you folks who live/have lived there should know the place like the back of your hand. I am just a casual visitor!

I was very impressed by the Hospital and it made me feel proud to be British when I visited such a spacious NHS site. I even thought that if I ever had to go into a hospital that would be my 1st choice.

I was visiting a friend who had her appendix out. They managed to do the job properly and she was able to get married a few months later.

Tony

Tony, visiting random hospitals sounds a little dodgy. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hospital now gone, new housing development! New hospital has not got very good reputation :cry:

Nazma is ok but Ali Tandoori next door is about number 1 in the city at present.

Half price offers now gone. Meals still reasonable about £7-9 starters not so, beer still expensive although I like the Kingfisher Indian beer ;)

It was the new hospital that I liked !!!

The patient probably lived in the new housing estate with tiny houses close to the hospital. I think it had an Ideal Classic!!!

I did not try the Ali. Must remember next time. I will have to see if my old friends Kevin and Patsy are still alive!

Tony

The massive new estate near the new hospital has its problems! All the Wimpey built homes with, as you say the classics, that I have attended for annual servicing couldn't be serviced as kitchen fitters had fitted units so tight that boiler case could not be removed! They had to come back and modify kitchens, much to householders disgust, before I could service them :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back