cost of johnson Starley J32 Hispec warm air heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any idea of what one of these units costs new (Johnson Starley J32 Hispec )? Thats excluding labour. JS wont give any prices unless you are in the trade (im not a qualified gas fitter) and I cannot get any help from their recommended fitters i.e. no idea of labour vs materials costs. I can get a breakdown of costs for any other central heating system. Why not this one?

please note 9

Sponsored Links
because they are slowly on the way out. hence Johnson and Starley launching a combi boiler :eek: which might i add looks like something put together as a school project! although i dont think they've finished it yet so we'll wait for the finished project :confused:
have you considered switching to wet central heating??

yes, been weighing things up. System actually works very well, giving instant heat and we dont have to rip the walls etc for pipes. Also wont be living there rest of our lives. I have found that I may be able to get a nearly new JS system thereby reducing costs, which makes it seem reasonable. But how much should one cost new or how much to remove the existing older model (20yrs old and dying) and to fit one??

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To add a bit more detailed info for those in the know....
The current system is a Johnson Starley J25-32 Modairflow warm air heater which is 20yrs old and beginning to age (e.g. dodgy fan)and winter is coming.... It does not heat the water as u may know. From speaking directly to Johnson Starley, their recommended replacement is a JS Hispec J32 ET warm air heater. This is the exact definition of the heater. This can installed with our without the option to heat the water. To be honest, for now, the air heater alone will do as the water heating option adds more cost. The current system slots into a hole in the wall. As well as the main heater, there is of course the steel panel that covers the region above the heater where the air ducts begin. Gas fitting isnt my trade, but i know these systems inside out now and I am giving exact details of the replacment unit. Some may say go to a water-based system. The house is wood-framed, the ducts are there and the place heats v.quickly with warm air. In addition Im against ripping up floors and walls. To a great extent I appreciate that you have to see a place to quote, but I hope this is a bit more info. thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back