Cost of getting someone out to reset/ add to accenta alarm?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

First time post, so please be gentle! I have found out a lot of useful information from reading this forum tonight, so thanks to all! However, I still have some queries I'm hoping someone can answer.

I have an accenta 8 mini alarm in my house, which was installed in 2003. It hasn't been used for 5 years, but seems to be operational. I have the user code, but not an engineers code.

I now want to use the alarm at night. However, I need to omit the kitchen PIR, as the cats sleep in there! There is only one keypad, which is in the hall, which is Zone 2. I assume therefore that to use the alarm at night, I would have to omit both the kitchen and zone 2, so that when I get up in the morning I can go down to the hall and deactivate the alarm, without setting it off. Unfortunately, that means that someone could get into the house through the kitchen door (most likely point of entry) and get all the way upstairs to the bedrooms without setting off the alarm.

So, is it possible to set up a programme where Zone 2 could be the timed exit zone? If so, can you do this as a user (ie, without the engineers code)?

Also, could a professional add new zones? There are 8 on the keypad, but only 6 in use. If so, I could add a door contact to the kitchen door and a PIR in the other downstairs room, which would mean I could omit the kitchen and hall PIRs, but no one could get into the house from the outside without triggering the alarm.

Finally, I would imagine that if the system hasn't been used for 5 years, it probably needs a service/check over.

The mobile number which is written in the keypad as the engineer's contact is non-operational, so I can't get hold of whoever originally fitted it to ask for a quote/some advice.

Could anyone give me some advice and/or an estimate of how much these things would cost? Am newly-single, so money is tight!

Also, if you can add new PIRs/door contacts, any recommendations for someone in the Birmingham area who could do the job at a reasonable price would be very useful.

Thank you very much and sorry for the long post!

Sponsored Links
Hi , all that is required is a "part set" setting up , so the kitchen would be omitted , and the hallway would change function to ex/ent.As this is an engineer function , you would need the panel defaulting , re-programming and a service (basic test of all functions / detectors and sounders , replace battery).Ask around friends , someone must be able to recommend someone.I would expect this to be around the £100 mark.

Sponsored Links
Hi , all that is required is a "part set" setting up , so the kitchen would be omitted , and the hallway would change function to ex/ent.As this is an engineer function , you would need the panel defaulting , re-programming and a service (basic test of all functions / detectors and sounders , replace battery).Ask around friends , someone must be able to recommend someone.I would expect this to be around the £100 mark.

Hi Denford, Thanks very much for the advice! :D

Hi all,

First time post, so please be gentle! I have found out a lot of useful information from reading this forum tonight, so thanks to all! However, I still have some queries I'm hoping someone can answer.

I have an accenta 8 mini alarm in my house, which was installed in 2003. It hasn't been used for 5 years, but seems to be operational. I have the user code, but not an engineers code.

I now want to use the alarm at night. However, I need to omit the kitchen PIR, as the cats sleep in there! There is only one keypad, which is in the hall, which is Zone 2. I assume therefore that to use the alarm at night, I would have to omit both the kitchen and zone 2, so that when I get up in the morning I can go down to the hall and deactivate the alarm, without setting it off. Unfortunately, that means that someone could get into the house through the kitchen door (most likely point of entry) and get all the way upstairs to the bedrooms without setting off the alarm.

So, is it possible to set up a programme where Zone 2 could be the timed exit zone? If so, can you do this as a user (ie, without the engineers code)?

Also, could a professional add new zones? There are 8 on the keypad, but only 6 in use. If so, I could add a door contact to the kitchen door and a PIR in the other downstairs room, which would mean I could omit the kitchen and hall PIRs, but no one could get into the house from the outside without triggering the alarm.

Finally, I would imagine that if the system hasn't been used for 5 years, it probably needs a service/check over.

The mobile number which is written in the keypad as the engineer's contact is non-operational, so I can't get hold of whoever originally fitted it to ask for a quote/some advice.

Could anyone give me some advice and/or an estimate of how much these things would cost? Am newly-single, so money is tight!

Also, if you can add new PIRs/door contacts, any recommendations for someone in the Birmingham area who could do the job at a reasonable price would be very useful.

Thank you very much and sorry for the long post!

I can reset the engineer code over the phone with you which will give you access to the programming and if you are able to listen to instructions will be able to change the setting for your part set to ent/ exit

email me totalprotection@talktalk net

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back