Cost of insulation??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I need to insulate my loft, so I went out to get a few rolls, but I couldn't believe it when I saw the prices - a year or so ago I bought two full size rolls for about £3 each, now the similar rolls are £20+! I think it was government subsidised when it was £3 and I guess they must have pulled the plug :(

I can't find any info on it, does anybody know if they will run a scene again? I can't really afford to do the whole loft @ 20 quid a ago :(

Thanks

Sponsored Links
B&Q has the subsidy I think, where as trade places do not. In my local B&Q it is still very cheap, whole loft for around £100

Have a look on Ebay. That's where I get mine from, three rolls here, three rolls there. About £10 a roll.

Sponsored Links
I'm confused though, why was it so cheap a year or so ago - was it government subsidised? I wonder if it will be the same again?

Thanks for the heads up on ebay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back