Cost of rebuilding a small wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello There, My neighbour has hit the pillar of a small wall of at the front of my property with the wheel of his Heavy Goods vehicle, which lifted almost the whole pillar and the wall section.
The foundation and bottom bed of bricks is ok.
What is a reasonable price for :
taking the wall down,
cleaning the bricks,
one bag of cement and say 3 small bags of building sand,
and a bricky to build it up.
65 bricks for the pillar and
110 bricks for the wall part -so about 175 bricks in total.
I don't really want to claim for an insurance repair.
So Can anyone please give me an idea of the total cost.

Sponsored Links
Who cares what it costs, send the bill to your neighbour.

You may also need to consider the fact the bricks may not dress.

You will also then need to factor spoil removal too.

A days labour would be a fair price for laying all new bricks so go on around £150.00 + mat's + spoil removal.

£300 ish?

What have you been quoted?

Sponsored Links
Errrr....Thanks, but not quite the neighbourly reply that I was wanting.

Unless I read it wrong first time he drove a heavy goods vehicle into your wall!
Has your neighbour been 'neighbourly'? Has he offered to pay for the wall to be fixed? TBH, it's not you that should be doing the running around at the cost of your own time and expense.

maybe you were really trying to say "I drove my truck into my neighbours wall, how much is this gonna set me back to get fixed?

Thanks, I appreciate that. I thought it would be about the £150 - £200 mark.
The bricks will be fine to re-build the wall. In fact I'm gonna knock 'em all off, clean them up myself and stack 'em for now.

Got no quotes as yet.
Cheers again.

Errrr....Thanks, but not quite the neighbourly reply that I was wanting.

Unless I read it wrong first time he drove a heavy goods vehicle into your wall!
Has your neighbour been 'neighbourly'? Has he offered to pay for the wall to be fixed? TBH, it's not you that should be doing the running around at the cost of your own time and expense.

maybe you were really trying to say "I drove my truck into my neighbours wall, how much is this gonna set me back to get fixed?

No, Honest! I did not do it. straight away he offered to get it fixed of a fashion, but I wasn't too happy about who he was getting to do it -so I told him that I would sort it and bill him. I don't want to fall out with him, we've been neighbours for a long time.
Cheers again.

You may also need to consider the fact the bricks may not dress.

You will also then need to factor spoil removal too.

A days labour would be a fair price for laying all new bricks so go on around £150.00 + mat's + spoil removal.

£300 ish?

What have you been quoted?

Thanks again noseall, my reply to you is below.
Thanks, I appreciate that. I thought it would be about the £150 - £200 mark.
The bricks will be fine to re-build the wall. In fact I'm gonna knock 'em all off, clean them up myself and stack 'em for now.

Got no quotes as yet.

Duke.
In your normal cavalier fashion, you may have just scored a hole in one.

old un

Duke.
In your normal cavalier fashion, you may have just scored a hole in one.

old un

Maybe in the 19th hole 'old un 'mate!!
This was a genuine request for some help...I thought that's what forums were for.
I guess some people just have to try and insinuate things to make it more complicated!!! and less helpful.

This was a genuine request for some help...I thought that's what forums were for.
I guess some people just have to try and insinuate things to make it more complicated!!! and less helpful.
Not just help, a bit of banter too! ;)

Oh!....I get it!! :eek:
Can't sit on here all night (and day ) like some of you lads!
I'm off to bash some drums to get it outa my system.
Cheers again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back