Cost of repairing a leak in roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just moved into a Victorian terrace house, which has a V-shaped style roof i.e. there's a drainage system going down the middle. I've noticed a water mark in the bedroom to the front of the house (I think it might be in the area where central drainage is, but I can‘t be sure). I'm not sure whether the leak has been fixed by the previous occupier (the surveyor didn't notice it) or if i'm going to have to get a roofer round to take a look.

I'm assuming if there is a leak it's going to be a case of replacing a section of roof felting and/or tiles, and possibly cleaning out the guttering.

My question is this: can anyone out there give me a ball-park figure of how much a repair of this nature might cost? I know the only way of obtaining an accurate figure would be for a roofer to check it out, but at this stage a rough figure from someone out there with roofing experience would be very helpful.

Many thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
you mean a valley gutter like this,

valley-gutter-3.jpg

xplosiv said:
my question is this: can anyone out there give me a ball-park figure of how much a repair of this nature might cost?

nope :cry: see forum rule 9

Did your area get hammered during the rainfall we had a few months back? The deluge may have flooded the gutter causing it to overflow. This happened to a number of homes with valley gutters, but doesn't mean the gutter is faulty as the weather we had was a bit of a freak of nature.

Sponsored Links
Deluks said:
Did your area get hammered during the rainfall we had a few months back? The deluge may have flooded the gutter causing it to overflow. This happened to a number of homes with valley gutters, but doesn't mean the gutter is faulty as the weather we had was a bit of a freak of nature.

that's a good point actually. that could well be the case.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back