cost of supply and fit of consumer unit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, recently finished re-wiring my house what price range would i be looking at for supply and fit of a 8 way split load cu and test of the circuits?

thanks
Nick

Sponsored Links
iv had 2 quotes 1 at £250 and 1 at £450 couldnt understand the difference in price just looking for some views but if u cant help fair enough!

Can't see it, Can't quote it

Maybe one quoter is busy and doesn't need the work?
Maybe one quoter has farther to travel?
Maybe one quoter will use better quality materials?

Who knows

Sponsored Links
iv had 2 quotes 1 at £250 and 1 at £450 couldnt understand the difference in price
See, I told you. About the price of a television! :LOL:

But honestly, the rule is to get 3 quotes and go with the middle one. Or if you have someone who's recommended to you, use them.

ok thanks guys guess ill geta few more quotes if the price is still on the high side ill fit it myself cant c it taking more than 2 hours.
thanks again

it depends on the quote..

if you don't give each quoter the exact same brief, then they will probably come up with their own conclusions..

one may be quoting for a standard split load board with one RCD, whereas the other may be quoting for a dual RCD split load board to comply with the incomming regs.. (yes I know we can work to them now, but the old regs are still acceptible until june aren't they? )

one may not have looked to see if the main bonding is up to scratch, and will either try to stiff you with that as an extra or will absorb the cost themselves..

one may have looked in your board and seen doubled up circuits and want to split them into a larger board..

one may be intending to fit RCBO's to several circuits to conform to the new regs..

if you have the quotes in wrighting, make sure that they detail exactly what they are covering..

ok thanks guys guess ill geta few more quotes if the price is still on the high side ill fit it myself cant c it taking more than 2 hours.
thanks again

No offence but i dont think you know what it involes.....

its not a case of just screwing it to the wall. Thats why were professionals and do things properly so if you have a fault with your cooker you want the fuse to blow before the cooker does. :confused:

Go with your gut feeling with who you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back