Dual Mains Supply From Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can confirm whether there is a form of "splitter or Junction Box" available to allow a single Live / Neutral "mains tails" supply from a domestic electricity meter to be split in order to supply two consumer units.

The main CU is a split CU with both sides RCD protected.

The second CU is a 2-way CU with RCBO's to cover smoke detection / hall lights and a freezer supply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
They go under the generic name of 'Henley Blocks' although other companies make them too.

They can be single pole where two would be used, one for the live connections and one for the neutral connections, or you can get a double pole with one terminal strip for the neutral connections and one for the lives.

There are.

But I have to say that the fact that you have never even seen or heard of them shows that you are not competent to be doing any work which needs them.

Please get an electrician.

and also, you should have one common switch to dis-connect the power to the installation

Sponsored Links
There will be one in each of the CUs supplying each of his installations.

But if he doesn't have an isolator before those then I wonder how he thinks service connector blocks can safely be installed.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back