Cost to add extra room to existing dormer to form L-shaped loft.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Wondering if someone can give me a rough idea of costs for us to maximise on our 40 cubic meter allowance by adding an additional space to our existing dormer loft, making it into an L-shaped loft.

The house is a late Victorian, mid terrace, currently about 1800 sq foot floor space, including the loft. The existing loft is probably about 26m3, and I'm hoping to gain an additional space of about 2.6m x 4.0m (internally maybe 12 x 8 feet). The house next door had an entire L-shaped loft fitted last year, and our new L section would share the same party wall.

Obviously the staircase already exists and I guess set up costs might be slightly less (i.e not as much scaffolding required, etc). We would probably want one window on the back wall and maybe a skylight and basic decoration, i.e plastered walls, floorboards, a door and a few power sockets. I don't think any additional stairs are required.

Any advice would be gratefully received, so that we have a good idea what to expect prior to getting professional quotes in.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back