Could someone recommend a wood filler please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm about to re oil my ikea beach work tops but there are a few cracks near to the taps in the work top.

I've no idea how to repair them before I oil the work tops again.

I usually use ikea oil but reading another thread it look like Oslo work top oil is the way to go so think I'll try that this time.

I've a few black stains around the sink area so intend to just resand with 120 grit paper using a sander and finish with 240 grit paper, I'll then clean with white spirit and oil.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thx

Sponsored Links
First off try using oxalic acid first on the black stains, save spoiling the top. Next, if the cracks are small, Colorfill available from most of the national DIY chains. If on the other hand they are quite deep/numerous, I have used clear two part epoxy glue with sawdust, to the right colour but slightly darker as it fades on setting (best trial first) you have to mix fast and make sure it's still flexible enough to spread. Leave proud of surface and cut excess with a sharp wide chisel/plane blade, if that leaves a grainy surface top with just the epoxy glue. This is absolutely waterproof, wont crack or lift as long as the cracks are well prepared and clean, bleach and toothbrush or similar, is my preferred...pinenot :)

Thanks Pinenot, I'll buy some Oxalic acid to remove the black water marks before I start.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back