Could this house be extended?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am currently putting an offer into the house pictured below. It is a 3 bedroom house that I would like to extend. Would just like to know if you think it would be ok to get planning permission to extend above the garage. I understand the garage will probable need knocking down.. new foundations ect. This will allow me to add another room. Would also like to put a kitchen/dinner on the back which I cant see being a problem.

All input would be very appreciated .

Sponsored Links
Could it be extended - probably yes.

I would lose that awful above ground big yellow gas pipe though. :eek:

That's a big overhanging soffit at the front, whats holding her up?

There appears to be scope. You may need to step in from the boundary once you reach first floor level.

You may be able to secure much of this under permitted development rights, so be sure to check whether the property has these intact (ie; they have not been removed by the council for one reason or another).

If you do not have PD rights on the property, or you would want to go beyond the scope of what they allow, then it would mean planning permission of course.

Sponsored Links
Could it be extended - probably yes.

I would lose that awful above ground big yellow gas pipe though. :eek:

That's a big overhanging soffit at the front, whats holding her up?

lol @ the gas pipe

that overhang does look quite scary, can't quite work out what's holding it up (the plastic windows??). i wonder if it would hold if there's a few inches of snow on there.

You may be able to secure much of this under permitted development rights

Well for a start... not what has been outlined in yellow.

Agreed, but the principle of a two storey side extension, and single (or two) storey rear extension will probably be able to be exploited via permitted development rules. What you can't achieve via that, you can ask permission for.

It's worth getting someone in to take a closer look and discuss your options etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back