council consent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to sell my house and have been asked for consent from my local Council for my renewed double glazed windows and doors and for a garage door that was put on the front of an old outhouse. I don't have these. The window company has gone bust and my husband put the garage door on. What do I do? They have also requested a building regulations certificate for the cavity wall installation. I have e-mailed the company that did it and hopefully they can supply this for me.

Sponsored Links
contact the building control dept in the council and ask for an application form for them to come and inspect the windows. Our council used to charge £67.00 for this , and if they are o.k they will issue cert for them.They should do it retrospectively esp if you explain the company has gone bust and you never received one from them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back