planning consent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I move into my home 8 yrs ago there is a small conseratory which i found out did not have planning this conseratory was built over 10 years ago and i have replaced windows door and roof which was done 4 years ago,I now want to sell up will i have to get planning consent?.I live in snowdonia national park.

Sponsored Links
Not really because it's been up more than 4 years and there's nothing the council can do, even if they knew about it.

But when you sell, some dim-witted solicitor acting for the buyer will put the wind up them by telling them it's not got planning permission.

You could loose the sale, the buyer will loose legal fees, and their solicitor will pocket his fee for giving incorrect advice.

Not sure if the planning rules are different in Wales but certainly those in a National Park are.

I'm not saying it is a problem but it probably needs a bit more careful consideration to clarify exactly what is and isn't allowed, time frames for enforcement etc. and establish the full status of the property. Having said that I tend to agree with Tony.

Sponsored Links
The Planning rules in Wales are the same as those in England. That said, I'm not quite sure what those rules are in so far as the apply to Article 1(6) land!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back