Country is going to pot

Status
Not open for further replies.
People of all types and colours wear all sorts of stuff. Lots that I d never consider wearing.

Assumptions have often been proved wrong, clothes and people

Sponsored Links
Nothing new. Saw similar on Brentwood high street about 3 years ago. Probably do it because they do not have to wear helmets, and if not wearing a helmet police probably won't pursue at speed.

Not saying it's a cure-all, however many of the UKs ills have been caused by trying to run everything as lean as we can. Someone on tv last night was quoting David Cameron from x years back on the subject of police and visible presence. Bobbies on the beat not needed according to Cameron because crime was transitioning away from street to cyber crime. So here we are, with a drastic shortage of bobbies whether on the street or in cars!

Same with the NHS, trying to run wards and other services as leanly as possible. It's all fine when the wheels are turning smoothly, however as soon as you get peaks (whether in crime or healthcare) the services start to struggle, and quickly!

Still, don't worry, I'm sure all the experts will have a solution for this ...

Sponsored Links

Not saying it's a cure-all, however many of the UKs ills have been caused by trying to run everything as lean as we can. Someone on tv last night was quoting David Cameron from x years back on the subject of police and visible presence. Bobbies on the beat not needed according to Cameron because crime was transitioning away from street to cyber crime. So here we are, with a drastic shortage of bobbies whether on the street or in cars!

Same with the NHS, trying to run wards and other services as leanly as possible. It's all fine when the wheels are turning smoothly, however as soon as you get peaks (whether in crime or healthcare) the services start to struggle, and quickly!

Oh yeah, I remember Cameron's "big society" speech - no need for police, we all just need to work together to build a better society.
That worked really well - the richer are now so much richer now that they don't have to help fund a police force.

Cyber crime has also exploded, so taking bobbies off the beat did not help in any way.

I'll try again and hope some bigoted mod leaves my post here. What difference is there between covering your face with a balaclava ,niqab, crash helmet or any other form of face covering? All are perfectly legal to wear, all can, and have been used in committing crime at some time or other. Can't see why mods have an issue with this statement.

The vision of a girl on a motor trike wearing a niqab crossed my mind.

Plod to Sarg, "Jeez boss, what the **** do I do ???"

Pretty much agree with all that,

Which comes back to, lets stop blaming others for the problems and face up to them. Lack of government interest in us via our services.

The problems are ours ! We keep voting for it !

See folk that do stuff like try to rob other folk from their mopeds, whether breaking into cars stopped at lights or grabbing pedestrians. See these folk? I hope they hit a pothole whilst riding and get 'extremely hurt' in the process ... extremely hurt as in the type of injury people don't recover from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back