Do you have traffic calming on your street?

There will always be morons who will drive at speed through traffic calming zones - humps or otherwise.

I say use speed 'dips'. If you drive over them at speed, you will break your neck, smash your jaw in and subsequently wreck the vehicle you are driving. :p

The nanny state in which we live is partially to blame. Some rules are for the better and some for the worse. The problem with morons and those with low intelligence is, they can not tell the difference!

Sponsored Links
Speed restriction should be enforced by fines and penalties handed down by courts. Not humps added to the road.
The fact that councils deem them necessary indicates a failure by the authorities to tackle speeding.
They restrict emergency vehicles, damage suspensions and are an unnecessary cost to the taxpayer IMO.

Well I think those speed bumps are useless, if anything they slow you down...... :(

Speed restriction should be enforced by fines and penalties handed down by courts. Not humps added to the road.

Are you avvin a larf?

The people that smirk at speed cameras are the same people that have no driving licence, no money and a back log of fines as long as your arm.

They also have a chavvy front spoiler kit that would be ripped off at the sight of a speed hump. :rolleyes:

Yeah, bring on the might of the courts, that will stop 'em.

Sponsored Links
Not always true noseall as I smirk at speed cameras, I have a driving licence, I have money and I have no backlog of fines at all.

There's always an exception to every good rule I guess :LOL:

MW

Not always true noseall as I smirk at speed cameras, I have a driving licence, I have money and I have no backlog of fines at all.

There's always an exception to every good rule I guess :LOL:

MW

...and there's a fool in every crowd.

A guy in the next village up made a very crude scarecrow type thing next to his front garden fence and put a Hi-Vis jacket on it. You could clearly see the look of horror on some speeders faces as they slammed on the brakes......

A guy in the next village up made a very crude scarecrow type thing next to his front garden fence and put a Hi-Vis jacket on it. You could clearly see the look of horror on some speeders faces as they slammed on the brakes......

They did it in Cumbria too:
http://tinyurl.com/klya3q

:LOL: :LOL:

Thats quite impressive. The one this guy did looked dire up close, but from a couple of hundred yards away with a hi vis on it was enough to make people slow down and think!

We live in a small town and are virtually the only road through it without any speed reduction (cameras, bumps etc) just signs!! So guess which is the only road where people blast through the 30 limit? :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back