terrible driving

Crafty said:
So i ask myself, WHY do i bother being a safe, courteous driver?
Because, Crafty, you know better than they do.

There will always be ars*holes, wherever you go - the art is not to let them distract you from doing what you know to be the right thing.

Sponsored Links
I personally think that all foreign drivers should be made to take a driving test over here before they are allowed to drive..

lets be honest.. they drive on the opposite side of the road, the wrong side of the car, and have totally different signs and signals.. ( in Corfu, traffic light often flash amber indicating they are not in use at the moment.. )..

I've never driven abroad and to be honest would be quite intimidated in doing so without practicing first.. it's all to easy to turn onto the wrong side at a junction etc

ColJack said:
I personally think that all foreign drivers should be made to take a driving test over here before they are allowed to drive..

All UK car users should be re-tested two years after their first test. This would identify most of the bad habits they have picked up in that two years.

I'm waiting for Thermo's comment about 17 yr old drivers... :LOL:

We had a section of road closed off for mains replacement and another section changed to one way with about thirty signs saying "no left/right turn", "diversion", "road closed", "no entry", "one way"

I went there to sign some plans off for the gang and in the space of 5 minutes there were about 10 cars trying to get down the road from the junction. Shouted at a load of them and made them reverse back up (about 300 yrds). One old woman said "I'm only going there" and pointed, I replied with a very curt "no you're not, you're going there" and pointed at the diversion sign...

The amount of people that drive through temporary traffic lights on red becuase they don't think they have to stop because "they're only temporary ones"...

Sponsored Links
BoxBasher said:
"I'm only going there" and pointed, I replied with a very curt "no you're not, you're going there" and pointed at the diversion sign...

Let them go where they want to., then block them in with a JCB or a dig up the road behind them trapping them for 24 hours or more.

bernardgreen said:
Let them go where they want to., then block them in with a JCB or a dig up the road behind them trapping them for 24 hours or more.

I've made someone reverse 1/2 mile up a narrow cutting because they had come through a road closure (moved the barriers to get through). We had an open trench across the lane and a HiAb wagon dropping stone off. There was no way the Hiab was reversing so we made her. She was very annoyed they we were going to make her late... Small minded people - there was no way she could have driven over a 4mx2m trench in a BWM 3-series anyway.

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Thou shall not drive under the influence of alcohol. Thou shall respect speed limits. Thou shall not consider a car an object of personal glorification or use it as a place of sin.

The Vatican took a break from strictly theological matters on Tuesday to issue its own rules of the road, a compendium of do's and don'ts on the moral aspects of driving and motoring.

A 36-page document called "Guidelines for the Pastoral Care of the Road" contains 10 Commandments covering everything from road rage, respecting pedestrians, keeping a car in good shape and avoiding rude gestures while behind the wheel.

"Cars tend to bring out the 'primitive' side of human beings, thereby producing rather unpleasant results," the document said.

It appealed to what it called the "noble tendencies" of the human spirit, urging responsibility and self-control to prevent the "psychological regression" often associated with driving.

The document's Fifth Commandment reads: "Cars shall not be for you an expression of power and domination, and an occasion of sin".

Asked at a news conference when a car became an occasion of sin, Cardinal Renato Martino said "when a car is used as a place for sin".

One part of the document, under the section "Vanity and personal glorification", will not go down well with owners of Ferraris in motor-mad Italy.

"Cars particularly lend themselves to being used by their owners to show off, and as a means for outshining other people and arousing a feeling of envy," it said.

It urged readers not to behave in an "unsatisfactory and even barely human manner" when driving and to avoid what it called "unbalanced behaviour ... impoliteness, rude gestures, cursing, blasphemy ..."

Praying while driving was encouraged.

Vatican City, the world's smallest sovereign state, doesn't have many of the problems listed in the document.

It has about 1,000 cars, the speed limit is 30 kph and one Vatican official said the last accident inside Vatican City's walls was about 1-1/2 years ago, resulting in minor damage.

Not sure about praying while driving. If you cannot talk on a mobile phone and concentrate of driving I would thought talking to God with your hands together would be higher risk.....

I have to say that Friday night i had a hoot.

Having a proper 4X4 and loads of puddels in the middle on nowhere was extrodinary fun.

... almost as much fun as pulling idiots out of puddels when they had driven into them too fast :D

However, the biggest laugh i had was at the expense of a Freaklander driver. He had a look at a 2 inch deep puddle across the road and turned around :evil: , I made sure he saw me laughing and pointing at him. 5 minutes later, someone on a pedal bike made it through the same puddle!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back