terrible driving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our road flooded earlier, about 5 inches of rain pooled on the road. People still drove through it at 35-40mph (30 limit), wetting the walls and gardens.

I was pulling onto a signalled roundabout a bit later, having just been given a green signal. Berk in a Honda civic sport coming from my right wonders why he's having to carve up the traffic joining the r'bout. Totally oblivious to the red signal facing him. Carries on regardless.

In a supermarket car park, I was heading toward a mini roundabout, from my direction traffic can only join, they cannot exit, its one way. TWO cars pull off the roundabout straight towards me. Against no entry signs and everything. TWO cars!

This was all today. So i ask myself, WHY do i bother being a safe, courteous driver?

Sponsored Links
Crafty -

It is precisely because you are a safe, courteous driver (ie you drive defensively) that you are not a statistic at the hands of the mad fools racing to their next accident. I don't drive myself which is just as well because I would be constantly jumping out and dragging people out of their cars to punch them in the mouth....

Per :evil:

Sponsored Links
I used to complain about bad driving until I went to China. :eek: I keep my mouth shut now. There's some scary sh*t over there and no mistake.

Persimmon said:
Crafty -

It is precisely because you are a safe, courteous driver (ie you drive defensively) that you are not a statistic at the hands of the mad fools racing to their next accident. I don't drive myself which is just as well because I would be constantly jumping out and dragging people out of their cars to punch them in the mouth....

Per :evil:
I often wonder, when the idiots race past me in their Audis or BMWs or Mercs, how wound up they must be to drive that fast. I mean, i bet they are really worked up / tired when they get home, as driving that fast and overtaking etc requires a lot of concentration, especially on normal roads. They should just learn to relax and take it easy. Nobody respects them more for dirivng like idiots, I respect the driver of a powerful / flash car who sticks to speed limits! Unfortunately there aren't many of this breed about.

Have to agree with Crafty on this. I drive a powerful and potentially fast car, Yes I will admit to sometimes having mad moments, but generally I stick to roughly the speed limit. however his observations about other drivers are valid, and there has been a serious deterioration of standards since we had an influx of drivers from other nations.

Now some may object to that statement, but the simple fact is driving standards, techniques and comptences are different, often lower, in other nations, especially those in the developing world. It is time to accept the truth and then take action to improve standards amongst all drivers, whether born here or elswhere.

More Police officers on the beat and monitoring drivers behaviour is far superior to bloody camera's.

Wether I'm in my Connect van or Astra Coupe I never exceed the speed limit and always get overtaken/tailgated by faster drivers, guess I've got all the time in the World and they haven't.

In the words of my Grandma "It's better to be 5 minutes late in this World than 20 years early in the next"

Tim 77 said:
guess I've got all the time in the World and they haven't.
This is the thing, they have probably got as much time as you. Just driving fast because they think people will look and think "oooh wow i wish i was the driver of that car". Yeah, i wish i was 5 inches from the car in front, and risking my life while driving to work. :rolleyes:

I saw a good sticker on the back of a van recently, it read " I have good brakes, I hope you have good insurence"

securespark said:
Crafty said:
In a supermarket car park,

I sincerely hope for the sake of your good reputation it was a Co-op...
I honestly dont care, it was Morrisons. I also buy petrol from Morrisons filling station (theres a few round here). I save 1.5 pence per litre using my miles card in store. Good northern company. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back